Thursday, December 30, 2010

Farewell to 2010

Tomorrow being New Year's Eve, I figured it would be a great time to reflect back on this year. 2010 was one of the most difficult and trying years I have ever experienced, but it was also very eye-opening for me.

I realized this year that God had plans for me that were bigger and better than I ever imagined. I tell my friends now that they need to pinch me and wake me up from the dream. I can't believe I am lucky enough to get a second chance with the greatest man I've ever met. Someone who makes me laugh, and dream and pursue all of my goals. A man who supports me, no matter what, and who I love more and more each and every day. As much as I endured over the Spring and Summer of this year, each minute was worth it (to have him), and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I also found over this last year who my REAL friends are, which was difficult to discover. During the lowest of lows, and the worst of times, there were those who stuck by me, listened to me, and helped me wake up each morning. You know who you are, and I just want to THANK YOU for being amazing. The others I found, started rumors and lies and were never true friends, so it's best that we parted ways. No one should ever settle for friends that don't truly care for you, no matter how long you have known them.

Lastly, this year showed me how you can have so much but it's nothing without Love & Happiness. Material things simply do not matter. I loved all that I had, but I didn't need any of it. I just wanted to be happy, and I'm so thankful that I was strong enough to fight for it. Even though finding what I wanted required sacrificing my pride and joy (Max), it wasn't worth continuing in the madness I was having to endure. I miss him every day, but the situation made the answer easy for me. I know he will live a long and happy life, and now I get to focus my love elsewhere. My dad always told me, "LIFE ISN'T FAIR", and there are some things you just have to get over. For me, this was one of them.

I feel 2011 with be absolutely amazing... Happy New Year!!!! I hope it's filled with love, happiness and wonderful friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment